Old Ink Cartridges and Cell Phones
Help us by recycling your brand name used ink and toner cartridges as well as your old cell phones! You'll be doing your part to help create a cleaner environment while helping SC-C.A.R.E.S. fund the sanctuary!
- Millions of ink and toner cartridges are discarded everyday in the trash which end up in our landfills requiring from 400 to 1000 years to decompose.
- Each recycled toner cartridge saves about half a gallon of oil, and for every recycled ink cartridge two ounces of oil saved.
- Recycled cartridges are remanufactured in the USA, providing American jobs and are good for the US economy while the majority of new cartridges are made in Japan-China-Mexico-UK-Singapore-Philippines and other places around the globe.
- A medium-sized business can use between 900 and 1,600 ink cartridges per year, or even more.
- One school can use 300 ink cartridges per year.
- Most households use 1 to 3 ink cartridges per year.
- There are more than 600 million cell phones waiting to be recycled in the United States; either in drawers, or already in the waste stream. Another 100 million or so will be added next year.
- Cell phones contain many hazardous materials including mercury and lead, that if improperly disposed can harm the environment, and potentially become detrimental to humans and wildlife.
- Most people upgrade their cell phones every 1 to 2 years to get the latest available technology.
- Most households have 2 to 4 cell phones.
Donating your old ink and toner cartridges and cell phones helps us fund the sanctuary as well as helping our environment and our economy.
Please drop them into our deposit box at Sweeties Pralines and Chocolates store in Georgetown, SC or mail them to:
Sweeties Pralines and Chocolates
707 Front St.
Georgetown, SC 29440